We Have Missed Seeing You!
While virtual exams and TeleVET are working well, we will begin to transition back to in-person, in-room exams starting Monday, June 22, 2020. We want to balance convenience with caution and so we are following recommended safety guidelines to help ensure the health and safety of both our staff and our clients as we welcome you back inside the hospital.
In-Person Exams Starting Monday, June 22: How to Schedule
Our doctors are working their normal schedules and all doctors will save one day a week for in-person exams, on the Northside wing only, beginning the week of June 22.
If you want to schedule an in-person exam with your doctor, please call us at 404.812.9880 to determine the day that doctor is scheduled for in-person appointments. We will try our best to accomodate you. If you do not need an in-person exam, you can make an appointment for a virtual exam using the Next-in-Line button on our homepage. However, in person exams must be scheduled through the front desk.
Please note: During this transition period, we must limit only one client inside the exam room. For additional guidelines, read below.
The COVID-19 Waiver Form
Also, all scheduled in-person exam clients need to sign this online safety waiver prior to entering the building. The waiver is available here. Once you sign it online, we will get a copy emailed to us and we will save it in your chart. Thank you. And please understand, a signed waiver does not allow you entry into the hospital without a scheduled appointment.
The PHAH Safety Pledge
Understand we want this transition back to “business as usual” to follow recommended safety guidelines–to help ensure the health and safety of our staff and our clients as we welcome you back into the hospital. To this end, we ask that we pledge the following to each other.
Our Pledge to You:
- We will ensure safe sanitation practices are followed for every space and hard surface in our hospital, per CDC cleaning protocols.
- We will require that staff stay home if they are not feeling well.
- We will require all staff to wear PPE and face masks at all times in the hospital.
- Frequent hand washing and sanitizer will be used by staff.
- We will adhere to physical distancing guidelines between doctors, staff and patients to the extent possible, by
- limiting the number of clients per exam room to one
- performing curbside triage and delivery of meds and food (call when you arrive)
- conducting in-room exams out of the NORTHSIDE (Irby Street entrance) wing only
- keeping common areas empty
- utilizing contactless scheduling and payment
- offering direct med shipping (note: food must be picked up at PHAH)
Your Pledge to Us:
- If you have an in-room visit scheduled, you will arrive alone. Unfortunately, we cannot allow more than one person per exam room as they are small, and we are not (currently) opening any indoor (air conditioned) common area waiting spaces.
- You will arrive wearing your own facial covering or mask.
- You will download and fill out the waiver form prior to entering the hospital for an in-room/in-person exam. Please note:A signed waiver does not allow you entry into the hospital without a scheduled appointment.
- You will not help us hold your pet during in-room/in-person exams, as it puts us in too close contact.
- If you are not feeling well; have underlying health conditions; have been exposed to COVID-19 recently; or have symptoms of COVID-19 as determined by the CDC (Centers of Disease Control), you will stay home and opt for a TeleVET visit.
By partnering together, we can resume our normal hospital operating procedures safely and sooner. We thank you for your understanding and your participation as we navigate this together!