Accessibility on the web means making websites as inclusive to as many users as possible. Accessibility is important for a diverse group of users including mobile users, people who rely on assistive technology to navigate the web, and search engine robots.
We are continuously working to improve the accessibility of content on our website. Our website accessibility features include:
- Alternative text is provided for images and other non-text elements.
- Title attributes provide more information about links and indicate new browser windows.
- Structural markups indicate headings and lists to aid in page comprehension.
- Forms are associated with labels.
- Data cells in a data table are associated with their respective headers.
We are working to enhance contextual awareness and keyboard navigation flow for those using screen readers and other assistive technologies. As we improve our website, we will reflect improvements here in our accessibility statement. Below are a few recommendations to help make your browsing experience more accessible.
If you have trouble seeing web pages, the US Social Security Administration offers these tips for optimizing your computer and browser to improve your online experience.
- Use your computer to read web pages out loud
- Use the keyboard to navigate screens
- Increase text size
- Magnify your screen
- Change background and text colors
- Make your mouse pointer more visible (Windows only)
If you are looking for mouse and keyboard alternatives, speech recognition software such as Dragon Naturally Speaking may help you navigate web pages and online services. This software allows the user to move focus around a web page or application screen through voice controls.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website as a result of your disability. Please contact us to request reasonable accommodations by calling (404) 812-9880. Thank you